Friday, April 4, 2008

WOW - It's a Miracle!


As many of you know, we have been trying for years (almost six now) to have one more child join our family and have been unsuccessful. In January, I had pretty much given up on the hope that we would ever have one more child; even adoption didn’t seem like a hopeful option. So, I guess that is what it takes! Give up and things happen. Well, it did for us and we are thrilled beyond belief!! We are expecting in October. When I took a home pregnancy test in February, it came back positive and I was certain it was wrong. The only reason I took it was because I was scheduled for an endoscopy and was told very specifically that I couldn’t be pregnant and shouldn’t try to get pregnant during the month of January. Well, in January, keeping track of menstrual cycles and focusing on having a baby was not on my agenda (which it has been an all too consuming focus for far too long). In fact, when Robert said, “the doctor said ‘no.’” I told him, “the chances of me getting pregnant are slim to none, so if I do get pregnant it will be a miracle and I will gladly cancel the appointment.” So, I cancelled the appointment and what a joyous reason to cancel! Of course, I (for positive proof sake) had to get a blood test done to verify and be certain that I was indeed pregnant. Even when it did come back positive, it was still hard to believe. Once we had the ultrasound (March 20th) and I could see a baby, then it really sank in.
We finally told Savannah on Easter (we’ve passed the danger stage, hopefully). I made a shirt for her that said, “Big Sister (picture) At your Service” with a picture of the ultrasound in the middle. Then on the back it says, “ETA 10-10-08.” We rolled up the shirt and put it in her Easter basket and of course, it was the last thing she pulled out. When she unrolled it and looked at it, she was literally speechless and very emotional. We have all been patiently (not a very easy thing) waiting for this to happen. She is just as stunned and excited as we are. She asked if she could tell people and that is exactly what she did when she got to church. Anybody and everybody that would listen, she spread the news loud and clear! And I thought it only appropriate to spread the news to those of you who don’t live within earshot of our great news.

No comments: